Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Very Mild Pad Thai

So I had pictures and everything, but my laptop crashed. Bummer!

I have been craving Pad Thai for a while, but I am still having pretty major aversions to all things salty and spicy, so I mad the most bland Pad Thai ever created. In good news, somehow cilantro tastes better than ever before!

Bland Pad Thai:

~8 oz rice noodles, soaked in warm water for 20-30 minutes
1/3 cup peanuts, coarsely chopped
1/3 cup lime juice
1/3 cup fish sauce (I used water because I can't handle salt!!)
2 T or so sugar
3 or so green onions
cilantro, a handful maybe. or less if it tastes like soap
3 eggs.
2 cloves of garlic, chopped
a few pinches of red pepper flakes
some olive oil
2 cups bean sprouts

1-Saute the garlic on the stove until cooked, add red pepper flakes
2-Drop in 3 eggs and scramble for about 20 seconds
3-Add all of the noodles and cook for 2-3 minutes
4-Add the sugar and liquids and cook for another minute
5-Add half of the green onions, bean sprouts, cilantro and peanuts and cook for a minute
6-remove from heat and add the rest of the bean sprouts, cilantro, peanuts and green onions

So good and so plain!

No comments: