Sunday, August 5, 2007

Holy tomatoes!

I think I need a picture update and brief telling of the past few months of food and gardening and camping!

Lowell and I went camping on North Manitou Island and I didn't cook at all but Lowell discovered he is a great campfire cook! He made some great eggs and potatos that we wrapped up in tortillas. Great after a huge long day of hiking. Plus, the view was amazing!



I had a good time! What I am really thinking in this picture is "I need some fresh cheese and a glass--or bottle--of wine. And some coke. Definitly some coke." I got a bit annoyed that this was during me washing my hair by wrapping a wet bandana around my head.



We came home from our trip and found that the storms helped out the tomatoes! We have some green zebra, brandywine, garden peach, yellow pear and red cherry coming up. Soon we will get our pinapple to start showing some love.



I realized that I have some latent projects including the kitchen. Step one was new paint! Coming soon: glass tile backsplash, new countertop and new sink. Maybe a rangehood microwave.


We got some amazing tomatoes and I decided to try to use them as a base for a pasta with a tarragon sauce. It was so-so.


And, because our cats love each other:

1 comment:

Asirap said...

Gorgeous tomatoes!